Re: [SPAM?]Re: gvimdiff and gvim 7 in windows

  • Robert Cussons
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2006
      panshizhu@... wrote:
      > Robert Cussons <r.cussons@...> wrote on 2006.07.21 19:19:56:
      >
      >>because this is the size I want my gvim window to be when it opens,
      >>however as gvimdiff opens at least two buffers I would like it to open
      >>full screen, is there a way of getting this to happen?
      >>
      >>gvim 7 in windows part:
      >>
      >>I also use gvim at home, but there I use gvim 7 on windows instead of
      >>gvim 6.3 on debian. So I have a few questions:
      >>
      >>How do I use gvimdiff in windows?
      >>
      >>If I already have a gvim window open how do I launch a new separate
      >>instance of gvim from inside the first window (without having to go to
      >>the desktop and click the icon!)
      >>
      >>Sorry this is more of a windows question than gvim: On my linux machine
      >>running KDE I have Ctrl-Shift-G set up to launch gvim, is there a way to
      >>set a keyboard shortcut in Windows XP to do the same?
      >>
      >>Many thanks for any help,
      >>Rob.
      >

      > If you want to maximize the window in Windows, here is the way:
      >
      > if has("gui_win32") " NT Windows
      > autocmd GUIEnter * :simalt ~x
      > endif
      >
      > Note that it should be wrapped inside an autocmd group, if you don't have
      > any autocmd inside your .vimrc, here is the way:
      > augroup vimrcEx
      > autocmd!
      > " put your autocmd here.
      > augroup END
      >
      > About diff mode: I use the following to test for diff mode, but I forget
      > why it works.
      > let in_diff_mode = 0
      > windo let in_diff_mode = in_diff_mode + &l:diff
      > if in_diff_mode == 1
      > " do something
      > else
      > " do something else
      > endif
      >
      > About short-cut key for launch gvim? just create a shortcut on desktop or
      > start menu, then right click to change the properties, the short cut key
      > could be set there.
      >
      > --
      > Sincerely, Pan, Shi Zhu. ext: 2606

      A very late reply to this, thanks for the diff mode tip that works great
      on Linux, I will try it on windows later.

      The short-cut key works, I had already tried it, but I was trying to
      type in the box rather than press the keys themselves, DOH! The only
      problem is that if you already have a gvim session running all the
      shortcut key does is maximize it, but nevermind, in that case I will
      just use what Tony suggested: !gvim

      Thanks,
      Rob.
    • A.J.Mechelynck
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2006
        Robert Cussons wrote:
        > panshizhu@... wrote:
        >> Robert Cussons <r.cussons@...> wrote on 2006.07.21 19:19:56:
        >>
        >>> because this is the size I want my gvim window to be when it opens,
        >>> however as gvimdiff opens at least two buffers I would like it to open
        >>> full screen, is there a way of getting this to happen?
        >>>
        >>> gvim 7 in windows part:
        >>>
        >>> I also use gvim at home, but there I use gvim 7 on windows instead of
        >>> gvim 6.3 on debian. So I have a few questions:
        >>>
        >>> How do I use gvimdiff in windows?
        >>>
        >>> If I already have a gvim window open how do I launch a new separate
        >>> instance of gvim from inside the first window (without having to go to
        >>> the desktop and click the icon!)
        >>>
        >>> Sorry this is more of a windows question than gvim: On my linux machine
        >>> running KDE I have Ctrl-Shift-G set up to launch gvim, is there a way to
        >>> set a keyboard shortcut in Windows XP to do the same?
        >>>
        >>> Many thanks for any help,
        >>> Rob.
        >>

        >> If you want to maximize the window in Windows, here is the way:
        >>
        >> if has("gui_win32") " NT Windows
        >> autocmd GUIEnter * :simalt ~x
        >> endif
        >>
        >> Note that it should be wrapped inside an autocmd group, if you don't have
        >> any autocmd inside your .vimrc, here is the way:
        >> augroup vimrcEx
        >> autocmd!
        >> " put your autocmd here.
        >> augroup END
        >>
        >> About diff mode: I use the following to test for diff mode, but I forget
        >> why it works.
        >> let in_diff_mode = 0
        >> windo let in_diff_mode = in_diff_mode + &l:diff
        >> if in_diff_mode == 1
        >> " do something
        >> else
        >> " do something else
        >> endif
        >>
        >> About short-cut key for launch gvim? just create a shortcut on desktop or
        >> start menu, then right click to change the properties, the short cut key
        >> could be set there.
        >>
        >> --
        >> Sincerely, Pan, Shi Zhu. ext: 2606
        >>

        > A very late reply to this, thanks for the diff mode tip that works great
        > on Linux, I will try it on windows later.
        >
        > The short-cut key works, I had already tried it, but I was trying to
        > type in the box rather than press the keys themselves, DOH! The only
        > problem is that if you already have a gvim session running all the
        > shortcut key does is maximize it, but nevermind, in that case I will
        > just use what Tony suggested: !gvim
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Rob.

        don't forget the initial colon