Ctl key mapping problems

  • Siegmuund Siegmuundsson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 30, 2006
      Hello all.

      I'm trying to remap some keys from my vimrc file but am having problems.
      What I want to do is the following: have vim print the character '\'
      when I press 'Ctl-e'.
      In my vimrc file I inserted:

      imap <C-e> <C-v>92
      cmap <C-e> <C-v>92
      nmap <C-e> <C-v>92

      However, nothing happens. I also tried to remap 'Esc' to 'Ctl-p', by writing
      imap <C-p> <ESC>
      cmap <C-p> <ESC>
      nmap <C-p> <ESC>

      with no better luck.
      However, I did successfully remap it to TAB with

      imap <TAB> <ESC>
      cmap <TAB> <ESC>
      nmap <TAB> <ESC>

      Any thoughts on what might be going wrong with the Ctl-key mappings?
      Best,
      S.
    • Vigil
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2006
        > I'm trying to remap some keys from my vimrc file but am having problems.
        > What I want to do is the following: have vim print the character '\'
        > when I press 'Ctl-e'.

        imap <c-e> \
        nmap <c-e> \
        cmap <c-e> \

        These all work for me.

        --

        .
      • Benji Fisher
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2006
          On Sun, Jul 30, 2006 at 06:49:26PM -0400, Siegmuund Siegmuundsson wrote:
          > Hello all.
          >
          > I'm trying to remap some keys from my vimrc file but am having problems.
          > What I want to do is the following: have vim print the character '\'
          > when I press 'Ctl-e'.
          > In my vimrc file I inserted:
          >
          > imap <C-e> <C-v>92
          > cmap <C-e> <C-v>92
          > nmap <C-e> <C-v>92
          >
          > However, nothing happens. I also tried to remap 'Esc' to 'Ctl-p', by writing
          > imap <C-p> <ESC>
          > cmap <C-p> <ESC>
          > nmap <C-p> <ESC>
          >
          > with no better luck.
          > However, I did successfully remap it to TAB with
          >
          > imap <TAB> <ESC>
          > cmap <TAB> <ESC>
          > nmap <TAB> <ESC>
          >
          > Any thoughts on what might be going wrong with the Ctl-key mappings?
          > Best,
          > S.

          :imap <C-e> <C-v>092

          seems to work.