Re: Changing spell check colors

  • Charles E Campbell Jr
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 7, 2006
      Chris Sutcliffe wrote:

      > Using spell check in a terminal window hightlights some words with a
      > bright green background and white text. I find this hard to read (I'm
      > using a dark background and I have set background=dark in my .vimrc).
      > Is it possible to override the the spell check color scheme, and if
      > so, can someone please point me in the direction of what I need to
      > look at?

      If you use the following plugin:

      http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/script.php?script_id=1081

      and then type

      :help hicolors

      you'll see each highlighting color name in its own colors. This list
      includes

      SpellBad SpellCap SpellLocal SpellRare

      If you then right click on any of the names, a colorscheme editor will
      pop up
      for that color. Edit it, save it, use it!

      Regards,
      Chip Campbell