[Fwd: Re: gvim on windows xp]

  • Tom Purl
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2006
      Whoops, forgot to cc the list.

      Subject: Re: gvim on windows xp
      From: "Tom Purl" <tom@...>
      Date: Thu, July 6, 2006 3:43 pm
      To: "George Reilly" <george@...>

      >> I am a new convert to gvim. Trying to use it on Windows XP. I am
      >> primarily a novelist, but a recent convert to Python, also.

      >> (2) Is there a plug-in file especially for text? Already configured for
      >> 79 spaces with linebreak etc already set.

      I don't know if there's a plugin that fits your needs *exactly* (but I'd
      be will to argue that there is), there are a lot of plugins that are for
      authors. For example, I used the Markdown plugin to author my blog
      posts, and there are plugins for Latex, Restructured Text, and DocBook
      (in case your authoring needs include some sort of formatting).

      Hope that helps!

      Tom Purl