Re: Backups

  • Vigil
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 3, 2006
      >> Because savevers (script #89) no longer works properly with vim 7
      >
      > savevers perfectly works for me in vim7,
      > just as it did for vim6

      Weird. Tell me, do your settings differ greatly from mine?:

      " savevers
      set backup
      set patchmode=.prev
      let savevers_dirs="~/backups/vim"
      exe "set backupskip+=*" . &patchmode
      exe "set suffixes+=" . &patchmode
      exe "set wildignore+=*" . &patchmode

      --

      .
    • Vigil
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 3, 2006
        > Can it be that my version of savevers, being not the latest savevers,
        > works better than the later versions of savevers ?

        Weird. I guess when I pulled my latest copy (we both are using 0.8), it was
        corrupt or something, because yours works. Thanks.

        --

        .
      • Robert Hicks
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 3, 2006
          set backup
          set backupdir=~/.vim/backup
          set dir=~/.vim/temp

          " Configuration for savevers.vim
          " http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=89
          set patchmode=.prev

          let savevers_types="*"
          let savevers_max=10
          let savevers_purge=1
          let savevers_dir=&backupdir

          That is my config...and it doesn't work. It should dump them all in the
          backupidr but instead they show up in my home dir.

          I am on OSX.

          I have tried a full path /Users/robert/.vim/backup but that doesn't work
          either.

          :Robert