Re: Backups

  • Vigil
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 3, 2006
      >> Because savevers (script #89) no longer works properly with vim 7
      >
      > savevers perfectly works for me in vim7,
      > just as it did for vim6

      Weird. Tell me, do your settings differ greatly from mine?:

      " savevers
      set backup
      set patchmode=.prev
      let savevers_dirs="~/backups/vim"
      exe "set backupskip+=*" . &patchmode
      exe "set suffixes+=" . &patchmode
      exe "set wildignore+=*" . &patchmode

      --

      .
    • Yakov Lerner
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 3, 2006
        On 7/3/06, Vigil <vim5632@...> wrote:
        > >> Because savevers (script #89) no longer works properly with vim 7
        > >
        > > savevers perfectly works for me in vim7,
        > > just as it did for vim6
        >
        > Weird. Tell me, do your settings differ greatly from mine?:
        >
        > " savevers
        > set backup
        > set patchmode=.prev
        > let savevers_dirs="~/backups/vim"
        > exe "set backupskip+=*" . &patchmode
        > exe "set suffixes+=" . &patchmode
        > exe "set wildignore+=*" . &patchmode

        Here are my savevers settings:

        " {{{ configuration for savevers.vim
        " http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=89 -- savevers.vim
        plugin by Ed Ralston
        let savevers_types='*'
        let savevers_max=9999
        let savevers_purge=1
        let savevers_dirs="~/tmp/"
        "patchmode is required for savevers to work
        set patchmode=.ORIG
        set backup
        " }}}

        Can it be that my version of savevers, being not the latest savevers,
        works better than the later versions of savevers ?

        I am attaching the exact version of savevers that I'm using.

        I never pulled from vim.org another version of savevers since I
        pulled it for the 1st time, and this was long time ago.

        Anyway, this one works for me flawlessly.

        Yakov
      • Vigil
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 3, 2006
          > Can it be that my version of savevers, being not the latest savevers,
          > works better than the later versions of savevers ?

          Weird. I guess when I pulled my latest copy (we both are using 0.8), it was
          corrupt or something, because yours works. Thanks.

          --

          .
        • Robert Hicks
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 3, 2006
            set backup
            set backupdir=~/.vim/backup
            set dir=~/.vim/temp

            " Configuration for savevers.vim
            " http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=89
            set patchmode=.prev

            let savevers_types="*"
            let savevers_max=10
            let savevers_purge=1
            let savevers_dir=&backupdir

            That is my config...and it doesn't work. It should dump them all in the
            backupidr but instead they show up in my home dir.

            I am on OSX.

            I have tried a full path /Users/robert/.vim/backup but that doesn't work
            either.

            :Robert