ANN: VST 1.0 Finally

  • Mikolaj Machowski
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2006
      Hello,

      Vim7 required.

      VST is script which makes possible to export text files with simple
      markup to HTML, LaTeX or HTML S5 presentation format to create even
      complex documents. Script doesn't require any external dependency and
      will work on any platform Vim7 is available. VST is Vim only
      implementation of reStructuredText.

      Latest version of script files and documentation in text form:
      http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj/vst.zip

      ChangeLog
      '''''''''

      - 12 Mar 2006 - **1.0-beta22** announcement

      - ADD: S5 document by George V. Reilly to show how it should be done
      - ADD: UTF-8 BULLET characters (without math symbols) are recognized as
      unordered lists bullets
      - ADD: support for "stacked" links_
      - ADD: [LaTeX] support for `custom roles`_
      - ADD: support for non-breaking space character
      - FIX: mangled URLs with excessive underscores
      - FIX: use 'fileencoding' when exists instead of 'encoding'
      - FIX: start processing only when format was properly declared
      - FIX: fix :Vst rep auxiliary command
      - FIX: show first line of paragraphs when folding by paragraph
      - FIX: various fixes

      List of changes with working links to documentation:

      http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj/vst.html#lchangelog

      Supported elements of inline markup:

      - emphasised text (italic)
      - strongly emphasised text (bold)
      - hyperlinks (in various syntax forms)
      - custom decorations (among them: sub, sup, big, small)

      Elements of documents structure:

      - paragraphs
      - block quotes
      - ordered lists
      - unordered lists
      - option lists
      - footnotes
      - citations
      - images
      - preformatted text
      - colorized preformatted text (HTML export only)
      - tables
      - admonitions
      - table of contents

      Also bunch of auxiliary commands which should ease writing of document and
      navigating (folding, text table of contents, lists or declared links,
      replacements)

      Latest version of script files and documentation in text form:
      http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj/vst.zip

      To install, place archive in ~/.vim directory and unpack it there.

      Following versions of help file was produced without any modifications to
      HTML or LaTeX source:

      HTML:
      http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj/vst.html

      LaTeX file exported from vst.txt:
      http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj/vst.tex

      PDF file produced from vst.tex:
      http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj/vst.pdf

      m.
    • sgp
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 13, 2006
        I installed per provided instructions (WinXP) but when I type :Vst I get a
        bunch of error messages, mostly undefined variables:

        g:plinen_rez
        g:paras_rez
        g:ptype_rez
        etc.

        all of which are initialized in $VIM\vimfiles\autoload\vst\vst.vim but
        don't seem to be picked up when :Vst is executed.

        :Vstm and :Vstfold work OK, it's just :Vst that doesn't.

        What do I need to do to make it work? TIA
      • Mikolaj Machowski
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 15, 2006
          Dnia czwartek, 13 lipca 2006 13:00, sgp napisał:
          > I installed per provided instructions (WinXP) but when I type :Vst I get
          > a bunch of error messages, mostly undefined variables:
          >
          > g:plinen_rez
          > g:paras_rez
          > g:ptype_rez
          > etc.
          >
          > all of which are initialized in $VIM\vimfiles\autoload\vst\vst.vim but
          > don't seem to be picked up when :Vst is executed.
          >
          > :Vstm and :Vstfold work OK, it's just :Vst that doesn't.
          >
          > What do I need to do to make it work? TIA

          Cannot reproduce but you can help with:

          1. Send me *exactly* what is in first two or three error messages (the
          rest is usually only consequence of them without real meaning).
          2. Example of document where generation fails.
          3. Such thing may happen when you try to generate several different
          documents in one Vim session. Global variables may clash in such
          situation.

          m.