Re: put (paste) from windows clipboard into vim

  • Tim Chase
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2006
      > So just put "set clipboard=unnamed" in your vimrc file, use y
      > and p as normal, and watch them yank to and put from the
      > system clipboard! Woo!

      This is nice when you want it, but I find it frequently annoying
      when I do anything that happens to delete in the process...like

      ciw

      to change the current word under the cursor. It tromps over my
      system clipboard, replacing it with the word I've removed. I
      tend to like to keep things of importance in my system clipboard,
      and I'm all to prone to making edits in Vim that would tromp on
      my clipboard.

      At least Vim offers the option, unlike most other editors. :)

      So use it if you like, but be forewarned :)

      -tim