Fw: [Ctags] Ctags-5.6 released

  • Yegappan Lakshmanan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2006
      ----- Forwarded Message ----
      From: Darren Hiebert <dhiebert@...>
      To: ctags-users@...
      Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 4:26:23 PM
      Subject: [Ctags] Ctags-5.6 released

      Hello friends,

      I know it has been an eternity since my previous release of ctags and I hope
      you are patient with me. Don't expect a whole lot of change in this release.
      I am sure that lots of you have submitted bug reports and patches which
      haven't made it into this release. But it does fix a number of bugs and a few
      minor enhancements. Hopefully, I might return to a more reasonable update
      cycle.

      ctags-5.6 (Mon May 29 2006)
      * Reformatted code for independence of tab stop setting.
      * Changed default configuration to disable installation of etags links.
      * Changed --langmap to first unmap each supplied extension from other
      languages.
      * Added support for ASP constants [ASP, Patch #961842].
      * Added support for GNU make extensions [Make].
      * Added .mk as extension recognized as a make language file [Make].
      * Added missing help for list-maps options [Bug #1201826].
      * Added new extension field "typeref" [thanks to Bram Moolenaar].
      * Extended functionality of Ruby parser with patch from Elliot Hughes [Ruby].
      * Fixed creation of TAGS file with etags-include but no files [Bug #941233].
      * Fixed problem reading last line of list file (-L) without final newline.
      * Fixed infinite loop that could occur on files without final newline [C,
      Java].
      * Fixed incorrect tag for first field of table [SQL].
      * Fixed missing tags for functions beginning with underscore [Sh].
      * Fixed missing tags for functions with variable arg list [C, Bug #1201689].
      * Fixed parsing problem with parentheses in argument list [C, Bug #1085585].
      * Fixed problem in preprocessor directive handling [C, Bug #1086609].

      --
      Darren Hiebert
      http://darrenhiebert.com

    • Bram Moolenaar
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 15, 2006
        Yegappan Lakshmanan wrote:

> [...]

        As far as a few simple tests show the new ctags version appears to work
        fine with C Omni completion. Thus this replaces ctags 5.5.4 plus the
        patch I made.

        238. You think faxes are old-fashioned.