Re: Inevitable VIM plug-in for eclipse?

  • Russell Bateman
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1 8:13 AM
      No, but it supports a very decent plug-in architecture. You can plug
      just about anything into it--cvs, ant, maven, electric dog polishers,
      fur-lined kitchen sinks and vi.

      Eric Arnold wrote:
      > I don't know much about eclipse. Does it allow you to embed your own
      > editor as the default editing window?
      >

      > On 6/1/06, Furash Gary <furashg@...> wrote:
      >> As much as I love vim (write school papers, do meeting notes, program),
      >> in the software side of the world everything seems to be going eclipse.
      >> Particularly as you have these complex software "frameworks," and
      >> eclipse does stuff to modify them.
      >>
      >> Are there any plans as part of the main VIM project to integrate it with
      >> Eclipse?
      >>

      >> Gary Furash, MBA, PMP, Applications Manager
      >> Maricopa County Attorney's Office

    • Yegappan Lakshmanan
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1 11:09 AM
        Hello,

        On 6/1/06, Furash Gary <furashg@...> wrote:
        > As much as I love vim (write school papers, do meeting notes, program),
        > in the software side of the world everything seems to be going eclipse.
        > Particularly as you have these complex software "frameworks," and
        > eclipse does stuff to modify them.
        >
        > Are there any plans as part of the main VIM project to integrate it with
        > Eclipse?

        You can try using eclim:

        http://eclim.sourceforge.net/

        - Yegappan
      • Furash Gary
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1 1:50 PM
          Oooo... Coool. Thanks!

          > As much as I love vim (write school papers, do meeting notes,
          > program), in the software side of the world everything seems to be
          going eclipse.
          > Particularly as you have these complex software "frameworks," and
          > eclipse does stuff to modify them.
          >
          > Are there any plans as part of the main VIM project to integrate it
          > with Eclipse?

          You can try using eclim:

          http://eclim.sourceforge.net/

          - Yegappan