Re: to get rid of postscript on windows

  • Mike Williams
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2006
      Zbigniew Kowalski did utter on 01/06/2006 14:26:
      > I'm running Vim 70 on win XP,
      > since the upgrade to 70 I can't print because Vim uses postscript mode
      > to make a hardcopy (it says "sending to printer" and "print job sent")
      > and the result gets lost someplace.
      >
      > The question is:
      >
      > 1. How to make Vim print using standard windows mode
      > (with a dialog for selecting a printer and w/o postscript).
      >
      > 2. Why VIM 70 uses postscript rather than normal windows mode?
      > Have I done something wrong while I was installing VIM?
      >
      > 3. Is it possible to use postscript mode successfully under win
      > with a postscript printer, but over the network?

      By default VIM on Windows uses the Windows print APIs, it will only
      generate PostScript if it was compiled in. Does the output from
      :version include +postscript? If it does then whoever built your
      version of VIM included it, and you need to find another Windows
      distribution that does not include PostScript.

      TTFN

      Mike