Re: Inevitable VIM plug-in for eclipse?

  • Russell Bateman
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2006
      http://www.satokar.com/viplugin/index.php?&MMN_position=7:7

      Not sure of the main page for this tool as I'm at work (where I don't
      use Java), but I have it at home. This will get you there, though.

      I am using this and it work fine. It's worth the paltry sum I paid for
      it. It's not Vim, but it's such a step above the nambi-pambi editor
      Eclipse offers that it's like dying and going to heaven.

      Furash Gary wrote:
      > As much as I love vim (write school papers, do meeting notes, program),
      > in the software side of the world everything seems to be going eclipse.
      > Particularly as you have these complex software "frameworks," and
      > eclipse does stuff to modify them.
      >
      > Are there any plans as part of the main VIM project to integrate it with
      > Eclipse?
      >

      > Gary Furash, MBA, PMP, Applications Manager
      > Maricopa County Attorney's Office

    • Russell Bateman
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2006
        No, but it supports a very decent plug-in architecture. You can plug
        just about anything into it--cvs, ant, maven, electric dog polishers,
        fur-lined kitchen sinks and vi.

        Eric Arnold wrote:
        > I don't know much about eclipse. Does it allow you to embed your own
        > editor as the default editing window?
        >

        > On 6/1/06, Furash Gary <furashg@...> wrote:
        >> As much as I love vim (write school papers, do meeting notes, program),
        >> in the software side of the world everything seems to be going eclipse.
        >> Particularly as you have these complex software "frameworks," and
        >> eclipse does stuff to modify them.
        >>
        >> Are there any plans as part of the main VIM project to integrate it with
        >> Eclipse?
        >>

        >> Gary Furash, MBA, PMP, Applications Manager
        >> Maricopa County Attorney's Office

      • Yegappan Lakshmanan
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2006
          Hello,

          On 6/1/06, Furash Gary <furashg@...> wrote:
          > As much as I love vim (write school papers, do meeting notes, program),
          > in the software side of the world everything seems to be going eclipse.
          > Particularly as you have these complex software "frameworks," and
          > eclipse does stuff to modify them.
          >
          > Are there any plans as part of the main VIM project to integrate it with
          > Eclipse?

          You can try using eclim:

          http://eclim.sourceforge.net/

          - Yegappan
        • Furash Gary
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 1, 2006
            Oooo... Coool. Thanks!

            > As much as I love vim (write school papers, do meeting notes,
            > program), in the software side of the world everything seems to be
            going eclipse.
            > Particularly as you have these complex software "frameworks," and
            > eclipse does stuff to modify them.
            >
            > Are there any plans as part of the main VIM project to integrate it
            > with Eclipse?

            You can try using eclim:

            http://eclim.sourceforge.net/

            - Yegappan