Re: Inevitable VIM plug-in for eclipse?

  • Eric Arnold
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2006
      I don't know much about eclipse. Does it allow you to embed your own
      editor as the default editing window?

      On 6/1/06, Furash Gary <furashg@...> wrote:
      > As much as I love vim (write school papers, do meeting notes, program),
      > in the software side of the world everything seems to be going eclipse.
      > Particularly as you have these complex software "frameworks," and
      > eclipse does stuff to modify them.
      >
      > Are there any plans as part of the main VIM project to integrate it with
      > Eclipse?
      >

      > Gary Furash, MBA, PMP, Applications Manager
      > Maricopa County Attorney's Office

    • Russell Bateman
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2006
        http://www.satokar.com/viplugin/index.php?&MMN_position=7:7

        Not sure of the main page for this tool as I'm at work (where I don't
        use Java), but I have it at home. This will get you there, though.

        I am using this and it work fine. It's worth the paltry sum I paid for
        it. It's not Vim, but it's such a step above the nambi-pambi editor
        Eclipse offers that it's like dying and going to heaven.

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2006
          No, but it supports a very decent plug-in architecture. You can plug
          just about anything into it--cvs, ant, maven, electric dog polishers,
          fur-lined kitchen sinks and vi.

          Eric Arnold wrote:
          > I don't know much about eclipse. Does it allow you to embed your own
          > editor as the default editing window?
          >

          > On 6/1/06, Furash Gary <furashg@...> wrote:
          >> As much as I love vim (write school papers, do meeting notes, program),
          >> in the software side of the world everything seems to be going eclipse.
          >> Particularly as you have these complex software "frameworks," and
          >> eclipse does stuff to modify them.
          >>
          >> Are there any plans as part of the main VIM project to integrate it with
          >> Eclipse?
          >>

          >> Gary Furash, MBA, PMP, Applications Manager
          >> Maricopa County Attorney's Office

        • Yegappan Lakshmanan
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 1, 2006
            Hello,

            On 6/1/06, Furash Gary <furashg@...> wrote:
            > As much as I love vim (write school papers, do meeting notes, program),
            > in the software side of the world everything seems to be going eclipse.
            > Particularly as you have these complex software "frameworks," and
            > eclipse does stuff to modify them.
            >
            > Are there any plans as part of the main VIM project to integrate it with
            > Eclipse?

            You can try using eclim:

            http://eclim.sourceforge.net/

            - Yegappan
          • Furash Gary
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 1, 2006
              Oooo... Coool. Thanks!

              > As much as I love vim (write school papers, do meeting notes,
              > program), in the software side of the world everything seems to be
              going eclipse.
              > Particularly as you have these complex software "frameworks," and
              > eclipse does stuff to modify them.
              >
              > Are there any plans as part of the main VIM project to integrate it
              > with Eclipse?

              You can try using eclim:

              http://eclim.sourceforge.net/

              - Yegappan