Inevitable VIM plug-in for eclipse?

  • Furash Gary
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2006
      As much as I love vim (write school papers, do meeting notes, program),
      in the software side of the world everything seems to be going eclipse.
      Particularly as you have these complex software "frameworks," and
      eclipse does stuff to modify them.

      Are there any plans as part of the main VIM project to integrate it with
      Eclipse?

      Gary Furash, MBA, PMP, Applications Manager
      Maricopa County Attorney's Office
    • Eric Arnold
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2006
        I don't know much about eclipse. Does it allow you to embed your own
        editor as the default editing window?

        On 6/1/06, Furash Gary <furashg@...> wrote:
        > As much as I love vim (write school papers, do meeting notes, program),
        > in the software side of the world everything seems to be going eclipse.
        > Particularly as you have these complex software "frameworks," and
        > eclipse does stuff to modify them.
        >
        > Are there any plans as part of the main VIM project to integrate it with
        > Eclipse?
        >

        > Gary Furash, MBA, PMP, Applications Manager
        > Maricopa County Attorney's Office

      • Russell Bateman
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2006
          http://www.satokar.com/viplugin/index.php?&MMN_position=7:7

          Not sure of the main page for this tool as I'm at work (where I don't
          use Java), but I have it at home. This will get you there, though.

          I am using this and it work fine. It's worth the paltry sum I paid for
          it. It's not Vim, but it's such a step above the nambi-pambi editor
          Eclipse offers that it's like dying and going to heaven.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 1, 2006
            No, but it supports a very decent plug-in architecture. You can plug
            just about anything into it--cvs, ant, maven, electric dog polishers,
            fur-lined kitchen sinks and vi.

            Eric Arnold wrote:
            > I don't know much about eclipse. Does it allow you to embed your own
            > editor as the default editing window?
            >

            > On 6/1/06, Furash Gary <furashg@...> wrote:
            >> As much as I love vim (write school papers, do meeting notes, program),
            >> in the software side of the world everything seems to be going eclipse.
            >> Particularly as you have these complex software "frameworks," and
            >> eclipse does stuff to modify them.
            >>
            >> Are there any plans as part of the main VIM project to integrate it with
            >> Eclipse?
            >>

            >> Gary Furash, MBA, PMP, Applications Manager
            >> Maricopa County Attorney's Office

          • Yegappan Lakshmanan
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 1, 2006
              Hello,

              On 6/1/06, Furash Gary <furashg@...> wrote:
              > As much as I love vim (write school papers, do meeting notes, program),
              > in the software side of the world everything seems to be going eclipse.
              > Particularly as you have these complex software "frameworks," and
              > eclipse does stuff to modify them.
              >
              > Are there any plans as part of the main VIM project to integrate it with
              > Eclipse?

              You can try using eclim:

              http://eclim.sourceforge.net/

              - Yegappan
            • Furash Gary
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 1, 2006
                Oooo... Coool. Thanks!

                > As much as I love vim (write school papers, do meeting notes,
                > program), in the software side of the world everything seems to be
                going eclipse.
                > Particularly as you have these complex software "frameworks," and
                > eclipse does stuff to modify them.
                >
                > Are there any plans as part of the main VIM project to integrate it
                > with Eclipse?

                You can try using eclim:

                http://eclim.sourceforge.net/

                - Yegappan