Re: gvim 7.0 does not display files in the same directory again

  • PoWah Wong
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2006
      This problem only occur when I click the gvim icon which I created on the KDE menu.
      When I start gvim on the shell, then there is no problem.
      Both icon and shell refer to the same /usr/local/bin/gvim program.
      I copied the .gvimrc file to the ~ directory.
      KDE version is 2.2-11.

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2006
        Charles E Campbell Jr wrote:

        > PoWah Wong wrote:
        >
        >> When I use gvim to open files, the first time it will display all the
        >> files in the directory A.
        >> After I open a file, when I try to open files in the same directory
        >> A, it does not display any files, i.e. the directory A is
        >> displayed as empty.
        >> I have to display the files in another directory B (e.g. parent
        >> directory), then it will display all the files in the directory A.
        >> gvim version is 7.0. I download source code and compiled it.
        >> Linux is Red Hat 7.2 (2.4.7-10smp).
        >>

        > I generally use Fedora Core 4; I doubt that Red Hat 7.2 acts that much
        > differently. So, please give the
        > commands you actually use.
        >
        > For example:
        >
        > gvim .
        > (select a file) <cr>
        > :e .
        >
        > which, by the way, works for me.

        I use Gnome version 2.14.1, and I happen to have a gvim icon on my
        toolbar. With that, I don't see the problem you're having.
        What does :pwd show? ie.

        gvim .
        :pwd
        (select file)<cr>
        :pwd
        :e .
        :pwd

        And again: are you doing the sequence above (excepting that you're using
        a icon instead of the initial gvim)?

        Regards,
        Chip Campbell
      • PoWah Wong
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2006
          :pwd show "/home/powah"

          Session are:

          (select file)<cr>
          :pwd
          /home/powah
          :e .

          " ============================================================================
          " Netrw Directory Listing (netrw v98)
          " /home/powah
          " Sorted by name
          " Sort sequence: [\/]$,*,\.bak$,\.o$,\.h$,\.info$,\.swp$,\.obj$
          " Quick Help: <F1>:help -:go up dir D:delete R:rename s:sort-by x:exec
          " ============================================================================
          ../
          ./
          .kde/