Re: Filter :map output

  • Eric Arnold
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2006
      On 6/1/06, Eric Leenman <eric.leenman@...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > Is it possible to filter the :map output?
      > For example to only show the mappings that have CTRL or <C- in it?

      I don't think so, but you can :redir into a register, put into a
      buffer, or use split(), filter(), etc. I don't see a way to loop
      through the mappings list directly from script.
    • Yakov Lerner
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 3, 2006
        On 6/1/06, Eric Leenman <eric.leenman@...> wrote:
        > Is it possible to filter the :map output?
        > For example to only show the mappings that have CTRL or <C- in it?

        You can try the 'ViewOutput' plugin that puts such things a bit easier.
        (http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=897)
        If you download the viewoutput.vim , then:

        :VO map " puts output of :map into new buffer
        :v/<C-/d " or :g/<C-/p

        Yakov