Filter :map output

  • Eric Leenman
    Message 1 of 7 , May 31, 2006
      Hi,

      Is it possible to filter the :map output?
      For example to only show the mappings that have CTRL or <C- in it?

      Regards,
      Eric

    • Eric Arnold
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2006
        On 6/1/06, Eric Leenman <eric.leenman@...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > Is it possible to filter the :map output?
        > For example to only show the mappings that have CTRL or <C- in it?

        I don't think so, but you can :redir into a register, put into a
        buffer, or use split(), filter(), etc. I don't see a way to loop
        through the mappings list directly from script.
      • Yakov Lerner
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 3, 2006
          On 6/1/06, Eric Leenman <eric.leenman@...> wrote:
          > Is it possible to filter the :map output?
          > For example to only show the mappings that have CTRL or <C- in it?

          You can try the 'ViewOutput' plugin that puts such things a bit easier.
          (http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=897)
          If you download the viewoutput.vim , then:

          :VO map " puts output of :map into new buffer
          :v/<C-/d " or :g/<C-/p

          Yakov