Re: Remembering 'Fold State' across buffers

  • Charles E Campbell Jr
    Message 1 of 7 , May 30, 2006
      Mark Woodward wrote:

      >interestingly its not doing it this morning! It might have been a
      >combination of factors causing this. I'll have to try and reproduce it.
      >
      >Tony - no, not sourcing vimrc_example.vim
      >DrChip - I'll have to look into set hidden. Not sure how session would
      > help though. This was happening during a session. ie I'd open
      > a fold in a buffer of many folds, :bn to go to another buffer
      > (single window, no tabs, no splits) do something, :bp to go
      > back and the fold would be closed.
      >Gerald - set foldlevelstart = -1
      >Eric - no modelines.

      If you use
      mkview MyView.vim
      (:mksession saves more), then the folding states are saved. You can then
      source the MyView.vim file (or Session.vim if you try :mksession) to restore
      viewing state.

      Setting hidden will hide instead of abandon buffers you leave behind,
      including
      all their state information. Then, when you return to them, they're
      there in all
      their glory (and warts).

      Regards,
      Chip Campbell