Re: keybindings

  • Anton
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2006
      On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 12:02 -0700, Gerald Lai wrote:

      > Nevermind Vim, for Linux terminals (like aterm/xterm/rxvt/virtual
      > framebuffer terminal), you should be able to just hit Ctrl-V followed by
      > any keystroke on the command line to see its keycode.
      >
      > For example, doing Ctrl-V and pressing Enter yields
      >
      > $ ^M
      >
      > In the framebuffer terminal, when I hit Ctrl-V followed by Ctrl-F9,
      > nothing happens. It failed to recognize Ctrl-F9, still waiting for a
      > keystroke after Ctrl-V.
      >
      > HTH.
      > --
      > Gerald

      I get this after pressing ^V + ^F9 in framebuffer: [20~
      So I get just <F9> code. But it still can be useful, because if I do
      this in any X terminal emulator - I get good effect and can then use
      this key combination. But I now have to comment this bindings - they
      aren't clear. If It looks like <C-F9> it would be much more clear to
      read the config file. But It's not a problem at all and I'm glad it's
      working.