Re: keybindings

  • Gerald Lai
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2006
      On Sun, 30 Apr 2006, Anton wrote:

      > On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 14:33 +0300, Yakov Lerner wrote:
      >>
      >> For me, In virtual terminal on Linux, Ctrl-F1 sends same
      >> sequence as F1. Accordingly, vim responds to Ctrl-F1 as
      >> if I pressed F1.
      >>
      >> Yakov
      >
      > I think the problem is really caused by this. But the binding
      > :map <C-FX>
      > doesn't work neither in gnome-terminal nor in aterm.

      Nevermind Vim, for Linux terminals (like aterm/xterm/rxvt/virtual
      framebuffer terminal), you should be able to just hit Ctrl-V followed by
      any keystroke on the command line to see its keycode.

      For example, doing Ctrl-V and pressing Enter yields

      $ ^M

      In the framebuffer terminal, when I hit Ctrl-V followed by Ctrl-F9,
      nothing happens. It failed to recognize Ctrl-F9, still waiting for a
      keystroke after Ctrl-V.

      HTH.
      --
      Gerald
    • Anton
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2006
        On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 12:02 -0700, Gerald Lai wrote:

        > Nevermind Vim, for Linux terminals (like aterm/xterm/rxvt/virtual
        > framebuffer terminal), you should be able to just hit Ctrl-V followed by
        > any keystroke on the command line to see its keycode.
        >
        > For example, doing Ctrl-V and pressing Enter yields
        >
        > $ ^M
        >
        > In the framebuffer terminal, when I hit Ctrl-V followed by Ctrl-F9,
        > nothing happens. It failed to recognize Ctrl-F9, still waiting for a
        > keystroke after Ctrl-V.
        >
        > HTH.
        > --
        > Gerald

        I get this after pressing ^V + ^F9 in framebuffer: [20~
        So I get just <F9> code. But it still can be useful, because if I do
        this in any X terminal emulator - I get good effect and can then use
        this key combination. But I now have to comment this bindings - they
        aren't clear. If It looks like <C-F9> it would be much more clear to
        read the config file. But It's not a problem at all and I'm glad it's
        working.