Re: issues with taglist and minibuffer explorer

  • Gerald Lai
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1 11:40 AM
      On Mon, 1 May 2006, James Vega wrote:

      > On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 06:45:24PM +0530, jagpreet wrote:
      [snip]
      >> Furthermore if I close(:q), either of the files and switch to another file
      >> by selecting it from the buffer window it opens the files in black and
      >> white("vi ") mode, like syntax off commend is given.
      >
      > This is a documented problem with MiniBufExpl and there is a variable
      > you can let to attempt to fix this. If you read the notes at the top of
      > MiniBufExpl.vim, you should find the information you need. You may find
      > bufexplorer.vim to be less intrusive and easier to use. That's what I
      > switched to after getting frustrated with MiniBufExpl.vim.

      I've made modifications to MiniBufExpl that dealt with this problem. I'm
      not sure if it would work for you, but you can try this:

      Find the lines

      autocmd MiniBufExplorer BufDelete * call <SID>DEBUG('-=> BufDelete AutoCmd', 10) |call <SID>AutoUpdate(expand('<abuf>'))
      autocmd MiniBufExplorer BufEnter * call <SID>DEBUG('-=> BufEnter AutoCmd', 10) |call <SID>AutoUpdate(-1)

      and change them to

      autocmd MiniBufExplorer BufDelete * call <SID>DEBUG('-=> BufDelete AutoCmd', 10) |call <SID>AutoUpdate(expand('<abuf>')) |filetype detect
      autocmd MiniBufExplorer BufWinEnter * call <SID>DEBUG('-=> BufWinEnter AutoCmd', 10) |call <SID>AutoUpdate(-1)

      HTH :)
      --
      Gerald
    • jagpreet