Re: mouse selected text on winxp

  • Gerald Lai
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2006
      On Mon, 1 May 2006, oystercatcher wrote:

      > Greetings,
      >
      > Sorry if this is an obvious one but I searched using a variety of
      > arguments and nothing was too clear. I also looked at _gvimrc
      > and changed the line
      >
      > highlight Normal guibg=white # from gray80
      >
      > which made it much easier to see the selected text.
      >

      > Now I would like to test some other colors other than the
      > gray look for the selected text, is it possible?.
      >
      > I am using mingw compiled version of vim-7.0223 on winxp

      I'm assuming you're on GVim. Go to the Syntax menu on top and select
      either

      Syntax > Color test
      Syntax > Highlight test

      Those tests will allow you to see a spectrum of colors on text.

      The manual way of doing the Color test is

      :sp $VIMRUNTIME/syntax/colortest.vim | so %

      The manual way of doing the Highlight test is

      :runtime syntax/hitest.vim

      HTH :)
      --
      Gerald