Re: mouse selected text on winxp

  • Yakov Lerner
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2006
      On 5/1/06, oystercatcher <haematopus@...> wrote:
      > Sorry if this is an obvious one but I searched using a variety of
      > arguments and nothing was too clear. I also looked at _gvimrc
      > and changed the line
      >
      > highlight Normal guibg=white # from gray80
      >
      > which made it much easier to see the selected text.
      >
      > Now I would like to test some other colors other than the
      > gray look for the selected text, is it possible?.

      Do you possibly mean the 'hi Visual' highlighting group ?
      You can change it in your _vimrc, too. You might
      find command ':hi' useful.

      Your question is not clear. What exactly is your problem
      with testing 'other colors other than gray' ? Don't you know
      names of colors ? Or maybe you mean colorschemes ?
      Or maybe highlighting groups ? Please clarify.

      Yakov

      > I am using mingw compiled version of vim-7.0223 on winxp

    • Gerald Lai
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2006
        On Mon, 1 May 2006, oystercatcher wrote:

        > Greetings,
        >
        > Sorry if this is an obvious one but I searched using a variety of
        > arguments and nothing was too clear. I also looked at _gvimrc
        > and changed the line
        >
        > highlight Normal guibg=white # from gray80
        >
        > which made it much easier to see the selected text.
        >

        > Now I would like to test some other colors other than the
        > gray look for the selected text, is it possible?.
        >
        > I am using mingw compiled version of vim-7.0223 on winxp

        I'm assuming you're on GVim. Go to the Syntax menu on top and select
        either

        Syntax > Color test
        Syntax > Highlight test

        Those tests will allow you to see a spectrum of colors on text.

        The manual way of doing the Color test is

        :sp $VIMRUNTIME/syntax/colortest.vim | so %

        The manual way of doing the Highlight test is

        :runtime syntax/hitest.vim

        HTH :)
        --
        Gerald