Re: [VIM] : issues with taglist and miniBuffer explorer ...Plugins

  • Yegappan Lakshmanan
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2006
      Hello,

      > Hi There,
      >
      > I'm using two most downloaded vim plugins MiniBufferExplorer(By bindu
      > wavell) and taglist(By Yegappan Lakshmanan) for working on C++ files.
      >
      > When I open a file on a consol window, and use the Taglist plugin it works
      > absolutely fine as documented. In the same consol window if I open another
      > file with ":e <file2>" then it open the MiniBufferExplorer window as well
      > and I can see the list of files present in the buffer.
      > Also, the taglist plugin works absolutely well, i.e. giving the list of all
      > the variables and functions befined in both the files.
      > THE PROBLEM starts after I close either of the files with :q command. The
      > MiniBuffer window still appears(with list of both the files present) and
      > the view on window (left vertical portion with taglist of both the files and
      > on the right half blank window, with buffer explorer window on the top. When
      > I open the other file by clicking in the buffer explorer it opens the files
      > only in 1-row space which is the width of buffer explorer.
      > Another PROBLEM when I tried opening the other file which is still present
      > in buffer explorer window it opens in the rest half of the window(which was
      > blank earlier).
      >
      > Furthermore if I close(:q), either of the files and switch to another file
      > by selecting it from the buffer window it opens the files in black and
      > white("vi ") mode, like syntax off commend is given.
      >
      > Is there a problem in using both the plugins together. Is there something I
      > need to add in .vimrc file to avoid and unexpected behavior.
      >
      > So far I find that the behavior of taglist plugin is absolutely with one
      > exception, which is "
      > If taglist window also open, and if I choose to switch to second file from
      > MiniBuffer explorer it opens the file in the taglist window(which you get in
      > Vsplit mode).

      This problem should be fixed in the Minibuffer explorer plugin. When you
      select a buffer for editing, the Minibuffer explorer plugin should do the
      following:

      1. If the selected buffer is already displayed in a window, jump to that
      window.
      2. Otherwise, find a window showing a buffer with 'buftype' option
      set to empty. Edit the selected buffer in this window.
      3. Otherwise, open a new window and edit the selected buffer.

      - Yegappan