Re: Text wrapping / reflowing - two questions.

  • Yegappan Lakshmanan
    Message 1 of 11 , May 1, 2006

      On 5/1/06, Gary Johnson <garyjohn@...> wrote:

      > > > :help redir
      > > >
      > > > Example:
      > > >
      > > > :redir @a
      > >
      > > I think you need :redir @a> or is there some kinda shortcut?
      >
      > The '>' at the end is new for 7.0. I don't know why it was added.
      > The original syntax didn't have the '>' and 7.0 accepts either.

      As explained in the help for ":redir ", for backward compatibility,
      the > after the register name can be omitted:

      :redi[r] @{a-zA-Z}> Redirect messages to register {a-z}. Append to the
      contents of the register if its name is given
      uppercase {A-Z}. For backward compatibility, the ">"
      after the register name can be omitted. {not in Vi}

      In Vim7, you can append the command output to a register (lower-case
      register name) using the following command:

      :redir @{a-z}>>

      You can also redirect output to a variable using:

      :redir => {variable}
      :redir =>> {variable}

      - Yegappan