mouse selected text on winxp

  • oystercatcher
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2006
      Greetings,

      Sorry if this is an obvious one but I searched using a variety of
      arguments and nothing was too clear. I also looked at _gvimrc
      and changed the line

      highlight Normal guibg=white # from gray80

      which made it much easier to see the selected text.

      Now I would like to test some other colors other than the
      gray look for the selected text, is it possible?.

      I am using mingw compiled version of vim-7.0223 on winxp
    • Yakov Lerner
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2006
        On 5/1/06, oystercatcher <haematopus@...> wrote:
        > Sorry if this is an obvious one but I searched using a variety of
        > arguments and nothing was too clear. I also looked at _gvimrc
        > and changed the line
        >
        > highlight Normal guibg=white # from gray80
        >
        > which made it much easier to see the selected text.
        >
        > Now I would like to test some other colors other than the
        > gray look for the selected text, is it possible?.

        Do you possibly mean the 'hi Visual' highlighting group ?
        You can change it in your _vimrc, too. You might
        find command ':hi' useful.

        Your question is not clear. What exactly is your problem
        with testing 'other colors other than gray' ? Don't you know
        names of colors ? Or maybe you mean colorschemes ?
        Or maybe highlighting groups ? Please clarify.

        Yakov

        > I am using mingw compiled version of vim-7.0223 on winxp

      • Gerald Lai
        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2006
          On Mon, 1 May 2006, oystercatcher wrote:

          > Greetings,
          >
          > Sorry if this is an obvious one but I searched using a variety of
          > arguments and nothing was too clear. I also looked at _gvimrc
          > and changed the line
          >
          > highlight Normal guibg=white # from gray80
          >
          > which made it much easier to see the selected text.
          >

          > Now I would like to test some other colors other than the
          > gray look for the selected text, is it possible?.
          >
          > I am using mingw compiled version of vim-7.0223 on winxp

          I'm assuming you're on GVim. Go to the Syntax menu on top and select
          either

          Syntax > Color test
          Syntax > Highlight test

          Those tests will allow you to see a spectrum of colors on text.

          The manual way of doing the Color test is

          :sp $VIMRUNTIME/syntax/colortest.vim | so %

          The manual way of doing the Highlight test is

          :runtime syntax/hitest.vim

          HTH :)
          --
          Gerald