tabline clicking? + jumping question

  • Eric Arnold
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2006
      Is there, could there be a way to have regions defined in the tabline so on a
      mouse click they would call user defined functions from arbitrary locations
      (i.e. you can add "close" locations, but you can't intercept the click).

      I'm thinking the %X thingy could look for a %{func(...) } but evaluate it upon
      a click. With this you could make the tabline much more interestingly useful
      in other ways.

      A misc. question: is there a jumplist/nav. system for remembering your tracks
      through windows (and tabs) like ^O ? Similarly, is there a way to get the
      A-Z0-9 mark jumps to move to the appropriate window, instead of opening that
      buffer in the current window?
    • Bram Moolenaar
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2006
        Eric Arnold wrote:

        > Is there, could there be a way to have regions defined in the tabline
        > so on a mouse click they would call user defined functions from
        > arbitrary locations (i.e. you can add "close" locations, but you can't
        > intercept the click).
        >
        > I'm thinking the %X thingy could look for a %{func(...) } but evaluate
        > it upon a click. With this you could make the tabline much more
        > interestingly useful in other ways.

        In general: no. We now have three GUI tabline implementations (Motif
        just added), it would be quite difficult to make this work for all of
        them.

        I do intend to make the popup menu for the tabline configurable some
        day. I don't have time for it right now.

        --
        People who want to share their religious views with you
        almost never want you to share yours with them.