Re: redir to a buffer?

  • Yegappan Lakshmanan
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2006

      > On 4/1/06, Eric Arnold <eric_p_arnold@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > There seems to be a way to "redir" something to all sorts of places but not
      > > into a buffer. Am I missing something? Almost always all I want to do is suck
      > > command/message window stuff into a buffer and edit it. I know it's not that
      > > hard to use it via the registers, but still....

      > "ViewOutput : scroll back and search [long] output of vim command"

      In Vim7, you can scroll back and forth the output of a command at
      the more prompt using the following commands:

      u - scroll back a page
      d - scroll down a page
      b - back a screen
      <Space> - down a screen
      g - Go to the beginning of the output
      G - Go to the end of the output

      The normal mode command "g<" displays the last page of the
      previous command output.

      - Yegappan