Re: intel macs

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2006
      Dominic Evans wrote:

      > > > --with-mac-arch=intel
      > > >
      > > > is broken for me (with latest cvs) it fails to identify a suitable
      > > > terminal library and exits with
      > > > You need to install a terminal library; for example ncurses.
      > > > Or specify the name of the library with --with-tlib.])
      > > >
      > > > --with-mac-arch=both correctly builds a (universal) binary that
      > > > runs on intel
      > >
      > > Strange that "intel" doesn't work then. Did you try without any
      > > argument? The default now is to build for the current architecture,
      > > thus on your system it should build an Intel binary, but does that
      > > without any extra compiler arguments.
      >
      > Yes without argument it fails to detect Intel and just goes for PPC
      > compilation.

      If you are using a slightly older version, the configure script
      accidentally used "-arch ppc" instead of leaving out the -arch argument.
      I fixed that, but now CVS doesn't work thus I can't checkin a new
      version.

      --
      "I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they
      make as they go flying by."