Re: Scripts RSS feed bug report

  • Gary Johnson
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 29, 2006
      On 2006-03-21, Gary Johnson <garyjohn@...> wrote:
      > On 2006-03-21, Peter Slizik <peter.slizik@...> wrote:
      > > > [2006-01-25] The feed for Vim tips existed for some time already. Now there
      > > > also is a feed for scripts. On the scripts index page you should see the RSS
      > > > logo. This uses Atom instead of RSS 2.0, hopefully it works just as well.
      > >
      > > Well, it doesn't work for me :)
      > > Using Mozilla Firefox 1.0.7 under Linux.
      > > (Error msg: Live Bookmark feed failed to load.)
      > > The Tips feed works without any problems.
      >
      > I had the same problem, reported here some weeks ago. It was fixed
      > by upgrading to Firefox 1.5.0.1. However, having Firefox manage my
      > RSS feeds didn't really meet my needs, so I've been using Bloglines
      > (ww.bloglines.com). This works OK for scripts, but not for tips: I
      > see the current tips when I subscribe, but I never see any new tips.
      >
      > The scripts feed doesn't work the way it should, either. I see the
      > summaries of the new scripts, but when I click on a script link,
      > which should open a page at vim.sf.net, I just get a mostly-empty
      > Bloglines page with a "vim online: scripts" link at the top.
      > Clicking on this link just redisplays the same page.
      >
      > I don't know if these are problems with Bloglines or with vim's RSS
      > feeds, but I don't have any of these problems with any of the other
      > 17 feeds to which I subscribe.

      I don't know what changed, but some of these problems appear to be
      fixed. The Vim Tips feed works fine now: I see new tips and when I
      click on a particular tip link in the Bloglines summary, a new
      browser tab opens to the tip's page at vim.sf.net. Bloglines still
      does not open the "vim online: scripts" links correctly, however.

      Gary

      --
      Gary Johnson | Agilent Technologies
      garyjohn@... | Wireless Division