vim with alternative .vimrc file

  • luke@chipcity.com.au
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 29, 2006
      Hi.

      How do I start vi with a different .vimrc file than the default?

      I need to set some options that I don't want to impose on other users.

      Thanks.
      Kind regards.
      Luke.

      --
      ............._..
      .| .| |.|/.|_ .
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 29, 2006
        On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 08:58:01 +0930, luke@c... sent:
        >Hi.

        Hi Luke,

        >How do I start vi with a different .vimrc file than the default?

        Start with -u {vimrc}

        See :help -u

        >I need to set some options that I don't want to impose on other
        >users.

        If your .vimrc is in $HOME, then this would not affect other
        users of the system.

        Hope this helps;

        --paj
        --