Odp: format a ugly xhtml file

  • Mikolaj M.
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 2, 2006
      Dnia 2-03-2006 o godz. 4:16 Ken Perl napisał(a):
      > I got a unformat and ugly long xhtml file, how to make it clean
      > formated quickly?

      Don't know what you mean 'ugly'. But usually this works ok:

      %s/>\_s*</>\r</g
      gg=G

      (=G part may be slow on big files)
      m.

      (Bardzo) Tanie rozmowy telefoniczne bez Internetu? Zobacz:
      http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=www.telefon.wp.pl&sid=682
    • Ken Perl
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 2, 2006
        ugly here means this,

        <tmpl_if showAdmin>
        <tmpl_var dragger.init>
        </tmpl_if>

        what does the \_s mean?

        --
        perl -e 'print unpack(u,"62V5N\"FME;G\!E<FQ`9VUA:6PN8V]M\"\@``
        ")'
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 3, 2006
          Ken Perl wrote:
          [...]
          > what does the \_s mean?
          [...]

          See ":help character-classes"

          The last item before (end of character classes)

          HTH,
          Tony.
        • Ken Perl
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 4, 2006
            thanks, it matches a line break or white space. I find the help from
            vim.org but failed to find the help by the command.
            E149: Sorry, no help for character-classes
            Maybe it isn't installed in my windows of the 6.4 version.

            --
            perl -e 'print unpack(u,"62V5N\"FME;G\!E<FQ`9VUA:6PN8V]M\"\@``
            ")'
          • Suresh Govindachar
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 4, 2006
              > On 3/3/06, A. J. Mechelynck <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:
              >> Ken Perl wrote:
              >> [...]
              >> > what does the \_s mean?
              >> [...]
              >>
              >> See ":help character-classes"
              >>
              >> The last item before (end of character classes)

              Try :help \_s (in 6.3, there isn't help for character-classes,
              even :helpgrep character-classes brings up nothing).

              In general, try :help <what_you_want_to_know_about>

              --Suresh
            • A. J. Mechelynck
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 4, 2006
                Ken Perl wrote:
                > thanks, it matches a line break or white space. I find the help from
                > vim.org but failed to find the help by the command.
                > E149: Sorry, no help for character-classes
                > Maybe it isn't installed in my windows of the 6.4 version.

                Sorry, my fault. Actually it is ":help /character-classes". But my Vim
                6.4.008 finds it even without the slash. It's in
                $VIMRUNTIME/doc/pattern.txt (2006 Mar 01, for Vim 6.4): the helptag is
                at line 404 and the relevant item at line 431.

              • A. J. Mechelynck
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 4, 2006
                  A. J. Mechelynck wrote:
                  > Ken Perl wrote:
                  >> thanks, it matches a line break or white space. I find the help from
                  >> vim.org but failed to find the help by the command.
                  >> E149: Sorry, no help for character-classes
                  >> Maybe it isn't installed in my windows of the 6.4 version.
                  >>

                  > Sorry, my fault. Actually it is ":help /character-classes". But my Vim
                  > 6.4.008 finds it even without the slash. It's in
                  > $VIMRUNTIME/doc/pattern.txt (2006 Mar 01, for Vim 6.4): the helptag is
                  > at line 404 and the relevant item at line 431.
                  >

                  > Best regards,
                  > Tony.

                  Oops, that was Vim 7.0aa. The tag is indeed missing in pattern.txt (2004
                  May 09, for Vim 6.4). The \_ something item is at line 412.

                • Georg Dahn
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 4, 2006
                    Hi!

                    A. J. Mechelynck wrote:
                    > Oops, that was Vim 7.0aa. The tag is indeed missing in pattern.txt (2004
                    > May 09, for Vim 6.4). The \_ something item is at line 412.

                    in Vim 6.4.008 the following works, too:

                    :h \\_

                    The same information is given, but the line is different.

                    Best wishes,
                    Georg