format a ugly xhtml file

  • Ken Perl
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1 7:16 PM
      I got a unformat and ugly long xhtml file, how to make it clean
      formated quickly?

      --
      perl -e 'print unpack(u,"62V5N\"FME;G\!E<FQ`9VUA:6PN8V]M\"\@``
      ")'
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1 9:01 PM
        On 3/1/06, Ken Perl <kenperl@...> wrote:
        > I got a unformat and ugly long xhtml file, how to make it clean
        > formated quickly?

        Vim is an editor. Not an HTML pretty printer. Use Tidy
        (http://tidy.sf.net). You can easily setup bindings to invoke Tidy on
        a buffer.

        HTH,
        Diwaker
        --
        Web/Blog/Gallery: http://floatingsun.net/blog
      • Mikolaj M.
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 2 1:26 AM
          Dnia 2-03-2006 o godz. 4:16 Ken Perl napisał(a):
          > I got a unformat and ugly long xhtml file, how to make it clean
          > formated quickly?

          Don't know what you mean 'ugly'. But usually this works ok:

          %s/>\_s*</>\r</g
          gg=G

          (=G part may be slow on big files)
          m.

          (Bardzo) Tanie rozmowy telefoniczne bez Internetu? Zobacz:
          http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=www.telefon.wp.pl&sid=682
        • Ken Perl
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 2 7:24 PM
            ugly here means this,

            <tmpl_if showAdmin>
            <tmpl_var dragger.init>
            </tmpl_if>

            what does the \_s mean?

            On 3/2/06, Mikolaj M. <mikmach@...> wrote:

            > Dnia 2-03-2006 o godz. 4:16 Ken Perl napisał(a):
            > > I got a unformat and ugly long xhtml file, how to make it clean
            > > formated quickly?
            >
            > Don't know what you mean 'ugly'. But usually this works ok:
            >
            > %s/>\_s*</>\r</g
            > gg=G
            >
            > (=G part may be slow on big files)
            > m.

            > (Bardzo) Tanie rozmowy telefoniczne bez Internetu? Zobacz:
            > http://klik.wp.pl/?adr=www.telefon.wp.pl&sid=682

            --
            perl -e 'print unpack(u,"62V5N\"FME;G\!E<FQ`9VUA:6PN8V]M\"\@``
            ")'
          • A. J. Mechelynck
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 3 3:50 AM
              Ken Perl wrote:
              [...]
              > what does the \_s mean?
              [...]

              See ":help character-classes"

              The last item before (end of character classes)

              HTH,
              Tony.
            • Ken Perl
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 4 5:38 AM
                thanks, it matches a line break or white space. I find the help from
                vim.org but failed to find the help by the command.
                E149: Sorry, no help for character-classes
                Maybe it isn't installed in my windows of the 6.4 version.

                --
                perl -e 'print unpack(u,"62V5N\"FME;G\!E<FQ`9VUA:6PN8V]M\"\@``
                ")'
              • Suresh Govindachar
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 4 7:13 AM
                  > On 3/3/06, A. J. Mechelynck <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:
                  >> Ken Perl wrote:
                  >> [...]
                  >> > what does the \_s mean?
                  >> [...]
                  >>
                  >> See ":help character-classes"
                  >>
                  >> The last item before (end of character classes)

                  Try :help \_s (in 6.3, there isn't help for character-classes,
                  even :helpgrep character-classes brings up nothing).

                  In general, try :help <what_you_want_to_know_about>

                  --Suresh
                • A. J. Mechelynck
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 4 7:16 AM
                    Ken Perl wrote:
                    > thanks, it matches a line break or white space. I find the help from
                    > vim.org but failed to find the help by the command.
                    > E149: Sorry, no help for character-classes
                    > Maybe it isn't installed in my windows of the 6.4 version.

                    Sorry, my fault. Actually it is ":help /character-classes". But my Vim
                    6.4.008 finds it even without the slash. It's in
                    $VIMRUNTIME/doc/pattern.txt (2006 Mar 01, for Vim 6.4): the helptag is
                    at line 404 and the relevant item at line 431.

                  • A. J. Mechelynck
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 4 7:32 AM
                      A. J. Mechelynck wrote:
                      > Ken Perl wrote:
                      >> thanks, it matches a line break or white space. I find the help from
                      >> vim.org but failed to find the help by the command.
                      >> E149: Sorry, no help for character-classes
                      >> Maybe it isn't installed in my windows of the 6.4 version.
                      >>

                      > Sorry, my fault. Actually it is ":help /character-classes". But my Vim
                      > 6.4.008 finds it even without the slash. It's in
                      > $VIMRUNTIME/doc/pattern.txt (2006 Mar 01, for Vim 6.4): the helptag is
                      > at line 404 and the relevant item at line 431.
                      >

                      > Best regards,
                      > Tony.

                      Oops, that was Vim 7.0aa. The tag is indeed missing in pattern.txt (2004
                      May 09, for Vim 6.4). The \_ something item is at line 412.

                    • Georg Dahn
                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 4 8:12 AM
                        Hi!

                        A. J. Mechelynck wrote:
                        > Oops, that was Vim 7.0aa. The tag is indeed missing in pattern.txt (2004
                        > May 09, for Vim 6.4). The \_ something item is at line 412.

                        in Vim 6.4.008 the following works, too:

                        :h \\_

                        The same information is given, but the line is different.

                        Best wishes,
                        Georg