Re: vim question -- syntax/tex.vim

  • Luis A. Florit
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2006
      Chip and all,

      It worked fine (I installed your file in
      /usr/share/vim/vim63/syntax/tex.vim, moving the old one), but
      since I have my own folding (eg, preamble, bibliography) it
      doesn't fold, for example, the bibliography as mine do. Almost
      surely because I don't know how to do things in the right way.

      Anyway, your tex.vim file allowed me to see how to better
      fold things, in particular, comments. I made my own pretty
      simple ~/vim/after/syntax/tex.vim file (attached here) modifying
      that of Chip's. It folds: comments, preamble (all up to
      \begin{document}), abstract, title, bibliography,
      \begin{equation|itemize|picture|figure}-\end{....}, section, and
      a 'fakesection' that begins with %@\section and that is a kind
      of marker. In particular, I modified the comment match to avoid
      this fake sections. I will add things as I need them.

      I would be very glad if you can please take a look at the
      attached tex.vim file, and criticize it: Can do those things
      faster / more robustly? There are a lot of things in folding
      that I don't still understand, so certainly this file may have
      several problems.

      Thanks a lot for your patience,

      Luis.