Re: "Split diff with..." jump to next change

  • Benji Fisher
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2006
      On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 11:19:11AM -0800, Gary Johnson wrote:
      > On 2006-02-28, "Liss, Stuart" <sliss@...> wrote:
      > > Hi Chris,
      > >
      > > I thought the 'c' was a count of how many changes you want to jump to.
      > > I can't get ]c to work either. I see the ] show up in the command
      > > window, but the c doesn't do anything. ']]' goes to the end of the
      > > file.
      >
      > You might try starting vim as
      >
      > vim -N -u NONE yourfilename
      >
      > to remove the effect of your ~/.vimrc and any plugins in case
      > something has remapped ]c. ]c should certainly work then.

      I am nervous about trying :diffsplit with 'compatible' set and none
      of the standard plugins, so I would recommend this variant:

      $ vim -u path/to/vimrc_example.vim foo
      :diffsplit bar

      If neither of these helps, please send two files (as small as
      possible) where ]c does not work and your :version information so that
      we can try to reproduce the problem.

      HTH --Benji Fisher