Re: GVim 7.0aa Segfaulting in font dialog

  • A. J. Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2006
      A. S. Budden wrote:
      [...]
      > Sorry for the confusion everyone: I use Arch Linux, but have a dual
      > boot to Windows and always kinda liked the Lucida Console font, so I
      > copied it across to the other partition.
      >
      > Al

      So it's a Windows font on a Linux system. Maybe that's the problem. Try
      using the "lucidatypewriter" (or maybe Lucida Typewriter) font instead,
      it's often available out-of-the-box on Linux, and it is almost identical
      to what Windows calls Lucida Console. If you don't already have it
      installed, try to find it on your Linux install disks (or whatever your
      Linux distro came on).

    • Frank Marx
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 2, 2006
        On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 11:05:36 +0100, "A. J. Mechelynck" <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:

        >A. S. Budden wrote:
        >[...]
        >> Sorry for the confusion everyone: I use Arch Linux, but have a dual
        >> boot to Windows and always kinda liked the Lucida Console font, so I
        >> copied it across to the other partition.
        >>
        >> Al
        >>

        >So it's a Windows font on a Linux system. Maybe that's the problem. Try
        >using the "lucidatypewriter" (or maybe Lucida Typewriter) font instead,
        >it's often available out-of-the-box on Linux, and it is almost identical
        >to what Windows calls Lucida Console. If you don't already have it
        >installed, try to find it on your Linux install disks (or whatever your
        >Linux distro came on).
        >

        >Best regards,
        >Tony.

        Hi:

        I use `Lucida\ Console\ #' *from my win32 partition* without any problems.
        I.e., I don't even copy it, i just add a symlink to `/c/fonts' to
        `/usr/share/fonts', and add that (symlinked) directory to 'xorg.conf':

        Section "Files"
        FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/truetype"
        .
        .
        .
        EndSection

        In both gui-vim, and in both rxvt and xterm.

        Is your local copy possible corrupt?

        /frank
        f.g.marx <fmarx@...>