Re: vim question

  • Chris Allen
    Message 1 of 34 , Mar 1, 2006
      On 3/1/06, Luis A. Florit <vim@...> wrote:
      > I see. Perhaps if I replace the syntax/tex.vim in vim6.3...
      > I installed vim6.4 in a Sun, and see how that works.

      That should certainly work, I think.

      > Strange. Comments would be the very first thing I would fold.

      Well, I think it depends on what you're doing and on your tastes. In
      most of my longer report-style documents I have no folding, but lots
      of sections, subsections, etc deeply nested. I don't like the
      multiple file approach (much easier to just / from within Vim when I
      need to see something), which means that section folding works very
      nicely for me and makes the document much easier to navigate. I don't
      tend to have any comments at all.

      In documents where formatting is much more of an issue I do have
      comments, and lots of complicated trickery. I find it useful to fold
      using markers on the start of the comment and extend it throughout the
      whole following section of trickery. Makes things look much tidier.

      HTH,
      Chris Allen
    • Luis A. Florit
      Message 34 of 34 , Mar 5, 2006
        * El 05/03/06 a las 13:08, Gerald Lai chamullaba:

        > On Sun, 5 Mar 2006, Luis A. Florit wrote:
        >
        > >* El 05/03/06 a las 17:39, Luis A. Florit chamullaba:

        > [snip]
        >
        > Sorry, I forgot to include one detail that was 'ttimeoutlen'. The
        > advantage of "encapsulating" the keycode in <xFn> like:
        >
        > set timeout timeoutlen=1000 ttimeoutlen=100
        > set <xF2>=^[[a
        > map <xF2> <S-Up>
        >
        > as opposed to only:
        >
        > map <Esc>[a <S-Up>
        >
        > is that <xF2> can be treated as a keycode of a single keystroke
        > (within a mapping context) as opposed to a mapping of multiple
        > keystrokes.
        >
        > Then setting 'ttimeoutlen' to a really small value ensures that the
        > keycodes cannot (be humanly-possible but shell-possible to) be
        > entered manually.
        >
        > Hope I'm making sense :)

        Yep, now you do. ;)

        L.