Re: j at the end of '-- More --' scrolling

  • Yakov Lerner
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28 10:53 AM
      "Bram Moolenaar" <Bram@...> wrote:

      > Yakov Lerner wrote:
      >
      > > When pressing j repeatedly at the '-- MORE --' prompt,
      > > vim quits the scrolling when reaches end of output.
      > > This is sort of inconvenient when you plan to continue
      > > <Up> and <Down> in the scrolling mode. Is there any
      > > option or mapping that tells vim not to quit scrolling
      > > when user presses j or <Down> at the last prompt of
      > > scrolling ?
      >
      > At the end you are actually at the hit-enter prompt. Typing "j" there
      > means that you want to have the "j" command to be executed. Changing
      > that will cause more problems than you would think.

      But typing "k" at the hit-enter prompt already
      changed and does not mean that user wants "k" command to be executed.
      What's big difference between changing "j" vs changing "k" :-) ?

      > You can use "g<" to go back to the messages.

      Yakov
      --

      iler_ml@...

    • Bram Moolenaar
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 28 2:41 PM
        Yakov Lerner wrote:

        > > > When pressing j repeatedly at the '-- MORE --' prompt,
        > > > vim quits the scrolling when reaches end of output.
        > > > This is sort of inconvenient when you plan to continue
        > > > <Up> and <Down> in the scrolling mode. Is there any
        > > > option or mapping that tells vim not to quit scrolling
        > > > when user presses j or <Down> at the last prompt of
        > > > scrolling ?
        > >
        > > At the end you are actually at the hit-enter prompt. Typing "j" there
        > > means that you want to have the "j" command to be executed. Changing
        > > that will cause more problems than you would think.
        >
        > But typing "k" at the hit-enter prompt already
        > changed and does not mean that user wants "k" command to be executed.
        > What's big difference between changing "j" vs changing "k" :-) ?

        Good point... I'll have to think about that.

        13. You refer to going to the bathroom as downloading.