Re: The newest snapshot of gvim doesn't work at all

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 26, 2006
      Edward L. Fox wrote:

      > I downloaded the source code of vim7 via cvs and built it today. The
      > console version of vim works properly. But the GUI version gvim
      > doesn't work at all. It becomes thousands of pixels in height when
      > starts up, and gives out bunches of error messages without stop:
      >
      > -------------------------------- 8< --------------------------------
      > (vim:17644): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid cast from `GtkVBox' to
      > `BonoboDockItem'
      >
      > (vim:17644): Bonobo-CRITICAL **: bonobo_dock_item_get_orientation: assertion
      > `BONOBO_IS_DOCK_ITEM (dock_item)' failed
      >
      > (vim:17644): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid cast from `GtkVBox' to
      > `BonoboDockItem'
      > -------------------------------- 8< --------------------------------

      Bonobo? Where is that coming from? Are you building with Gnome
      perhaps?

      You should be able to work around it by putting this in your vimrc:

      :set go-=e

      There probably is some resizing problem with the new GUI tab line. It's
      using a GTK notebook. I hope someone who understands these things can
      look into it. At least it works properly for me now, thus perhaps it's
      only a problem when using the Gnome library? Ah, your second message
      confirms that.

      --
      At some point in the project somebody will start whining about the need to
      determine the project "requirements". This involves interviewing people who