Re: redundant vimfiles--simplify?

  • A. J. Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 31, 2006
      Charles E. Campbell, Jr. wrote:
      [...]
      > I always compile vim using cygwin's setup. I used to use Borland's
      > C/C++ compiler, but it was
      > simpler&faster just to do it with gcc under cygwin. Here's what I do...
      [...]

      I also do it under (but not for) Cygwin nowadays, BCC had problems with
      multibyte encodings (such as Unicode) under W98. Cygwin also has the
      advantage that everything can be done from the same shell prompt, since
      patching requires (in my experience) the Cygwin patch program (other
      patchers choke on the official Vim patches).