Re: Command question

  • Mark Woodward
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 30, 2005
      Alessandro Ferrucci said the following on 31/12/2005 7:07 AM:

      >Hello,
      >
      >I was editing a file and I was trying to delete some whitespaces that were
      >at the beginning of each line. My lines looked something like:
      >('_' denote whitespace)
      >

      >_____________________//C CODE
      >____________________________//C CODE
      >_____________ //C CODE
      >
      >I deleted each of these whitespaces through a replacement reg-ex but later
      >I was thinking how I would do this using a key-binding command and
      >couldn't think of how I would have done it that way.
      >

      >Anyone know of a shortcut command that would delete whitespace from the
      >beginning of a line until the first non-white-space character? (Not
      >necessarily on the same line)
      >
      >Thank you,
      >
      >~Alessandro Ferrucci

      >http://www.eset.com

      Would gg=G help? (if this is actual code?)

      see :h =

      ---
      Mark
    • Alessandro
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 30, 2005
        Yes! gg=G is exactly what I was looking for.

        I already knew the reg. ex. way but I was looking to see if there was a
        built-in key-binded command that would do the job (just out of
        curiosity). and gg=G does exactly just that.

        Thanks much!

        ~Alessandro Ferrucci