RE: vi commands in bash

  • Denio, Michael (IT)
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 1, 2005
      You may want to try zsh. I've found the the vi mode to be superior to
      bash.

      NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender does not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited.
    • Charles E. Campbell, Jr.
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 1, 2005
        Denio, Michael (IT) wrote:

        >You may want to try zsh. I've found the the vi mode to be superior to
        >bash.

        >NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender does not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited.

        Hopefully no one has received your email in error! However, how does
        one notify a sender that has been destroyed already? Besides, is there
        a preferred method for destroying the sender? Perhaps cruise
        missiles? Hmm, the use of what is prohibited? Did I just use
        something? Uh oh...

        Don't y'all just love the legal argle bargle disclaimers... at least
        this one was short.
        Chip Campbell
      • Mark Volkmann
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 24, 2006
          On 12/1/05, Robert Cussons <r.cussons@...> wrote:
          > Hi all,
          >
          > I just found out about putting: set -o vi in my .bashrc to get vim
          > style command line editing in bash

          Cool! But how do you do command-line completion? The tab key no
          longer does that when in vi mode.

          --
          R. Mark Volkmann
          Partner, Object Computing, Inc.