Re: completion using spelling lists

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2005
      Marvin Renich wrote:

      > Is there a way to use completion with the current spelling list? From
      > :help completion I see ^X^K for dictionary completion, but this uses the
      > 'dict' option, which must be set manually. ^Xs gives spelling
      > suggestions, but these are more appropriate for incorrectly-spelled
      > words than for incomplete words.
      >
      > What I am looking for is a way to use the current in-memory word list
      > which is the composite of the spell file from rtp, the 'spellfile'
      > option, and the transient internal wordlist (taking into account bad
      > words, i.e. removing them).
      >
      > If there is not already a way to do this, consider this a wishlist bug
      > for such a feature. I would prefer a separate ^X keystroke rather than
      > adding a way to set the dict option to refer to the in-memory word list
      > (which I think would be inelegant and precludes using dict separately).

      You can call this a wishlist item.

      Perhaps when the 'dictionary' option is empty the currently effective
      spelling list can be used. Currently CTRL-X CTRL-K gives an error
      message, thus I don't see backwards compatibility problems.

      --
      ARTHUR: This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how sheep's
      bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.