Re: Change color for source code comments

  • A. J. Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2005
      Charles E. Campbell, Jr. wrote:

      > Steven Woody wrote:
      >>after searched through google, i have not found a simple answer of how to
      >>change syntax highlight colors. especially, i want to change the comments
      >>color, that is too dark to see..snip
      [...]
      > The astronaut colorscheme,
      > http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/script.php?script_id=122,
      > is designed to work with console vim in an xterm; ie. it is limited to
      > using 8 colors. It also
      > supports gvim using the same set of colors to permit a consistent look.
      > I prefer and the
      > astronaut colorscheme supports a dark background, by the way.
      >
      > I remember seeing some other colorscheme (whose name I don't remember)
      > that also
      > supported console. It may have been a 256-color xterm support, though.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Chip Campbell

      In any case, Steve, if you don't find a colorscheme exactly to your
      liking, you can always "roll your own", and in that case you can write
      for any or all of monochrome terminals (term=...), color console
      terminals (cterm=... ctermbg=... ctermfg=...), and GUI displays (gui=...
      guifg=... guibg=...). I'm attaching a very small colorscheme of mine,
      which leaves most (but not all) colours at their defaults; it will
      probably not be exactly what you want but you may use it as a source of
      inspiration. Like all user-made colorschemes, it belongs in the colors
      subdirectory of a directory listed before $VIMRUNTIME in the
      'runtimepath' option setting (e.g., in $VIM/vimfiles/colors/).