Re: Read-only Options?

  • Anders Th√łgersen
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2005
      On 11:00 Tue 01 Nov , Vigil wrote:
      > How can I disable all scripts, such as those in
      > /usr/share/vim/vim63/indent/, /syntax/, etc, so that only commands in my
      > ~/.vimrc are used? Assume I don't have root so I can't remove or chmod
      > system-wide files.

      A start for this is using

      set noloadplugins

      Then only pugins you specifically want loaded are loaded.

      /Anders
    • A. J. Mechelynck
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2005
        Anders Th√łgersen wrote:
        > On 11:00 Tue 01 Nov , Vigil wrote:
        >> How can I disable all scripts, such as those in
        >> /usr/share/vim/vim63/indent/, /syntax/, etc, so that only commands in my
        >> ~/.vimrc are used? Assume I don't have root so I can't remove or chmod
        >> system-wide files.
        >

        > A start for this is using
        >
        > set noloadplugins
        >
        > Then only pugins you specifically want loaded are loaded.
        >
        > /Anders

        also
        - ":filetype off" which will suppress filetype detection, thus you won't
        have syntax-related highlighting, filetype-dependent indenting, and
        filetype-plugins
        - ":aunmenu *" to remove all menus from gvim

      • Vigil
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2005
          Thanks, both.

          --