always make the split windows equal size

  • Kamaraju Kusumanchi
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2005
      Let's say I open file1 in gvim. Now inside gvim window, I do

      :sp file2

      Now the size of both split windows is same. But let's say I maximize
      the gvim window. Then the sizes of these split windows will not be
      same and I have to do ctrl-= to make them equal. Is there any way to
      make the size of the split windows always equal relative to each
      other?

      thanks
      raju

      --
      Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
      http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 31, 2005
        Hello,

        You could can start with

        :set equalalways

        However on my Mac, vim doesn't seem to notice when I change the window size.
        I'm using vim 6.2 and found in the TODO section of the docs that a WinResize
        autocommand has been requested, but I can't say whether or not it has been
        implimented in a later version of Vim.

        At any rate, you could map a function key to make life a little easier

        :nmap <F12> <C-W>=

        HTH,
        Peter

        http://au.local.yahoo.com