line number column width

  • Mark Volkmann
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 2005
      How can I decrease the width of the column used to display line
      numbers when I execute "set number"? By default it uses 7 characters
      and usually 4 is sufficient.

      --
      R. Mark Volkmann
      Partner, Object Computing, Inc.
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 30, 2005
        It is possible to do so with
        :set numberwidth=4

        This feature comes only with VIM7 (still alpha version).

        Salut!

        On 10/30/05, Mark Volkmann <r.mark.volkmann@...> wrote:
        > How can I decrease the width of the column used to display line
        > numbers when I execute "set number"? By default it uses 7 characters
        > and usually 4 is sufficient.
        >
        > --
        > R. Mark Volkmann
        > Partner, Object Computing, Inc.

        --
        You can't always get what you want
        You can't always get what you want
        You can't always get what you want
        But if you try sometimes you just might find
        You just might find
        You get what you need
        Rolling Stones