No confirmation box when closing with Alt-F4

  • Marcel Korpel
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2005
      Hello all!

      I use GVim for general editing purposes as well as editing email (in
      combination with Mutt). When using GVim 'stand-alone' (invoking it
      directly using a button in my window manager), everything is Ok. But
      when using GVim from within Mutt (invoking it through a shell script
      which is started by Mutt), a strange error occurs.

      Normally, I can exit GVim using Alt-F4. A confirmation box pops up,
      asking whether I want to save the file or not. But when using Gvim
      from within Mutt, no question is asked when pressing Alt-F4, the
      window just closes and the last changes are not saved. Strangely
      enough, when I press the close button GVim behaves normally.

      How could this happen? Is this a bug in GVim? Or could it be related
      with my window manager (though everything is Ok when starting GVim
      from within a terminal window)?

      I use Gentoo Linux with Vim 6.3.84, Mutt 1.5.8i and my window manager
      is IceWM 1.2.21.

      Any help would be appreciated!

      Regards,
      Marcel
    • Marcel Korpel
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2005
        On 10/2/05, Marcel Korpel <marcel.lists@...> wrote:
        > Normally, I can exit GVim using Alt-F4. A confirmation box pops up,
        > asking whether I want to save the file or not. But when using Gvim
        > from within Mutt, no question is asked when pressing Alt-F4, the
        > window just closes and the last changes are not saved. Strangely
        > enough, when I press the close button GVim behaves normally.
        In the terminal window I eventually got a segmentation fault. I
        remembered the error popped up after I installed several plugins, and
        by deleting them all one at a time, I discovered that it was Vimspell
        (http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=465) that caused the
        error (using 1.84, because the Gentoo-developers marked that version
        as 'stable').

        I will retry using 1.100, when I have sufficient time to test this one.

        Regard,
        Marcel