Re: newbie grep question.

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28, 2005
      From: "Eric Leenman" <ELeenman@...>
      To: <vim@...>
      Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 8:55 AM
      Subject: newbie grep question.

      > Hi,
      >
      > How do you scroll trough the results of grep in gVIM(on WXP)?
      > When I give the command
      > :grep for *.c
      > I get:
      >
      > (1 of 125): for (....
      > Hit ENTER or type command to continue.
      >
      > How can I scroll through that list that contains 125 results?
      >
      > Rgds,
      > Eric
      [corporate disclaimer snipped]

      To go to next item
      :cn[ext]

      To go to previous item
      :cp[revious]
      or
      :cN[ext]

      To see one line per item in a separate window, where you can hit Enter on
      any of them to see the corresponding file
      :cope[n]

      The grep (also helpgrep or, in Vim 7, vimgrep) results are displayed as an
      "error list" which is accessible by "quickfix" commands, see ":help
      quickfix.txt" for details.

      HTH,