filetype.vim annoyance Re: vb syntax highlighting for vim

  • Hakim
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 2, 2005
      Tim Chase wrote:

      > Or, you can actually get vim to properly detect the file type. This is
      > where I rely on the other smart folks on the list :) I never remember
      > *where* to put the filetype detection. IIRC, it goes in something
      > like ~/.vim/filetype.vim and would contain something along the lines of

      That's always annoyed me: having to edit a single monolithic file like
      that means that it's hard to automatically install a plugin to deal with
      a particular language or app. (So for example, the viki plugin - or
      some vim wiki plugin if not that one - has manual steps to edit
      filetype.vim).
      I *think* there's an option though to have multiple .vim files that do
      filetype checking, which could be cleaner, but dunno where this is
      documented. Any ideas?

      --
      osfameron
    • Tofer Chagnon
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 2, 2005
        On 9/2/05, Hakim <hakim@...> wrote:

        > I *think* there's an option though to have multiple .vim files that do
        > filetype checking, which could be cleaner, but dunno where this is
        > documented. Any ideas?

        Try :help new-filetype

        Tofer